mrjob.retry - retry on transient errors¶
RetryWrapper(wrapped, retry_if, backoff=15, multiplier=1.5, max_tries=10)¶
Handle transient errors, with configurable backoff.
This class can wrap any object. The wrapped object will behave like the original one, except that if you call a function and it raises a retriable exception, we’ll back off for a certain number of seconds and call the function again, until it succeeds or we get a non-retriable exception.
__init__(wrapped, retry_if, backoff=15, multiplier=1.5, max_tries=10)¶
Wrap the given object
- wrapped – the object to wrap
- retry_if – a method that takes an exception, and returns whether we should retry
- backoff (float) – the number of seconds to wait the first time we get a retriable error
- multiplier (float) – if we retry multiple times, the amount to multiply the backoff time by every time we get an error
- max_tries (int) – how many tries we get.
0means to keep trying forever